Christmas 2012 and New Year 2013 Schedule
“Don’t be afraid, I bring you good news that will cause great joy for the
people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is the Messiah, the Lord.” – Luke2:10-11
As we look forward to celebrate the birth of Jesus and the end of 2012, I wish
you a blessed time of preparation, with special attention to what really
matters in our life as followers of Christ. May the coming of Christ
bring peace, joy and love into your family and into our world. Please
make your plans to join us for these celebrations during this blessed season:
1. Saturday, December 8, 10:00 am -7:00 PM - A day of Spiritual Retreat for families in Preparation for Christmas Celebration with opportunity for confessions.
2. Sunday December 9, Sunday 16, and Sunday 23, 2012 Christmas Boutique (after the Mass)
3. Saturday, December 15, 2:00 -7:00 PM, Children Christmas Celebration, including picture with Santa and gift exchange.
4. Monday, December 24, 8:00 PM: Christmas Eve Mass – there will not be confession before or during Mass.
5. Tuesday, December 25, 11:00 AM : Christmas Day Mass.
6. Saturday December 29, 2012 10a.m.-6p.m. A day of Spiritual Retreat for families of Legion of Mary
7. Sunday December 30, 2012, 10:30 a.m. Feast of Holy Family-The Mass will be offered for the Church families. Come to give thanks to Our Lord.
8. Monday, December 31, 7:30 PM: Closing 2012 Mass, followed by New Year’s Eve Party, in the Church’s Hall at 9:00 p.m., with special prayer at dawn of the New Year at 11:45 PM.
9. Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 11:00 PM – New Year Day Mass.
10. Sunday, January 6th, 2013, 10:30 AM – Celebration of the Lord’s Baptism, starting with the blessing of the Water.
We look forward to seeing you and your family at all these celebrations.
My sincere and heartfelt wishes of Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Fr. Morcos Abd Elmaseeh
Pastor of St. Mary Coptic Catholic Church